10 Romantic Things You Can Do For Cheaply At Home
One of the most special things you can do for your partner is to show them how much you care. And what says "I love you" more than spending time and effort to make them feel special?
In this article, we'll give you 10 ideas for romantic things you can do for cheaply at home. From making dinner to taking a relaxing bath, we've got you covered. So get ready to sweep your partner off their feet!
Cook a Romantic Dinner for Two
There's nothing quite like a romantic home-cooked dinner for two. And fortunately, you don't need to spend a lot of money to make it happen. Here are ten romantic dinner ideas that will set the mood without breaking the bank:
1. Cook a simple meal of your favorite dishes.
2. Set the table with candles and flowers. Don't forget the cute and pretty details like the Cake Knife and Server Set.
3. Play soft music in the background.
4. Make a playlist of your favorite love songs.
5. Serve a bottle of sparkling wine or champagne. Or make your own cocktails with the Cocktail Shaker Set Bartender Kit.
6. Dim the lights and light some scented candles.
7. Take a walk together in your neighborhood.
8. Make dessert together from scratch.
9. Give each other a massage after dinner.
10. Spend time talking and enjoying each other's company
Have a Picnic in Your Living Room
What could be more romantic than having a picnic in your own living room? With just a few simple items, you can create an intimate setting for two.
Spread out a blanket on the floor, and place a few pillows around it for extra comfort. Then, pack a basket with your favorite foods and drinks. Try to choose items that can be eaten without utensils, so you can really feel like you're out in the open air.
Once you're all set up, cuddle up together and enjoy your meal!
Create a Couples Massage Station
One of the most romantic things you can do is give your partner a massage. And what's even better? Setting up your own massage station right at home!
Here's what you'll need:
- Some massage oil or lotion
- A couple of towels
- Candles (optional)
Simply set up a little station near where you'll be giving the massage, and have the oil and towels handy. The candles will add a nice ambiance, but they're not necessary.
Then, follow these simple steps to give your partner the best massage ever:
1. Warm up the oil in your hands by rubbing them together.
2. Start with gentle strokes on your partner's back, working your way down to their feet.
3. Use more pressure on the areas that are tense, and use circular motions to loosen muscles.
4. When you're done massaging, take a moment to relax and enjoy each other's company.
Make a Homemade Photo Booth
One really fun, and super cheap, way to add some romance to your day is to set up a homemade photo booth. all you need is a few simple props and someplace for your guests to snap some pics!
Here are a few ideas for props:
-A festive banner or sign that says "I love you"
- hearts, rose petals, or other romantic symbols
-funny hats, glasses, and other props
-a Polaroid camera to snap instant pics
Where to set it up? Just choose a spot in your home that's relatively private and has enough space for your guests to gather around. If you have a backyard, that's the perfect place!
Slow Dance in Your Kitchen
There's something really special about slow dancing with your partner in the privacy of your own home. It's intimate, romantic, and best of all, it's cheap! Here are a few ideas for how to do it:
1. Dim the lights and put on some soft music.
2. Close your eyes and let your partner lead you around the kitchen.
3. Pretend you're at a fancy ballroom and dance like nobody's watching!
4. Make up your own dance moves or copy some of your favorite classic dances.
5. Slow Dance in Your Kitchen.
Stargaze in Your Backyard
Take advantage of a clear night and spend some time stargazing in your backyard. It's a really romantic activity that doesn't cost a thing! All you need is a blanket to snuggle up under and some hot chocolate to keep you warm.
Build a Fort in Your Living Room
There's nothing more romantic than spending quality time together in your very own fort. And you don't need to break the bank to do it! Here are a few tips for building a budget-friendly fort in your living room:
1. Use sheets, blankets, and pillows to create your walls and roof.
2. Get creative with your fort's design.
3. Use candles or fairy lights to create a cozy atmosphere.
4. Play some soothing music or read stories together.
5. Spend the whole day snuggled up in your fort!
Have a Movie Marathon
There's nothing quite like cozying up on the couch with your loved one and watching a few of your favorite movies. And you can do this without spending a fortune! Here are 10 romantic movies that you can watch at home for cheap:
1. The Notebook
2. The Princess Diaries
3. The Wedding Planner
4. The Proposal
5. P.S. I Love You
6. Notting Hill
7. The Fault in Our Stars
8. Crazy, Stupid, Love
9. About Time
10. The Lake House
Play board games
There's nothing quite as romantic as spending a cozy night in playing board games together. It's the perfect way to relax and have some fun while spending time with the one you love. Plus, it's a great way to get to know each other better!
There are tons of different board games to choose from, so you're sure to find one that everyone will enjoy. Whether you're into trivia games, word games, or just plain old checkers, there's something for everyone. So grab a few snacks and drinks, dim the lights, and get ready for some laughs and good old-fashioned romance. We highly recommend that you try Date Night Games. They will help you get to know your partner even better and add intimacy to the evening.
Make a List of Things You Love About Each Other
Making a list of things you love about each other is a really simple, but really romantic, thing to do. It's a great way to remind each other why you're in love, and it's also a really easy way to show your partner how much you care.
Plus, it can be a lot of fun to do together! Brainstorm a list of things you both love—from your partner's sense of humor, to the way they always know just what to say to make you feel better. Write them down, put them in a pretty frame, and hang them somewhere where you'll see them every day.